Click HERE to download the Application Fee for Zoning
ZONING/CONDITIONAL USE(CUP)/VARIANCE PROCEDURE
- When you request being on the agenda with the Town for a Zoning/CUP/ or Variance, you will be instructed to notify Dane County Planning and Zoning Department located at the City-County Building, 210 Martin Luther King Blvd., Madison. (Phone) 608-266-4266. We encourage you to call first to see what information that you need. You will be given a petition number and placed on their agenda.
- Bring all paper work that you have received in Madison to the Town of Albion Office, located at 620 Albion Road. We will need to see all paperwork 3 weeks prior to the Albion Planning Commission meeting with a petition number before placing you on the Town’s agenda. This ZONING/CUP/VARIANCE change will be posted in the Edgerton Reporter one week prior to the meeting.
- The clerk will notify all property owners/neighbors within 1000 ft. radius from the land, or 100 ft. in a residential area you are petitioning for. The clerk will send certified notices at $10.00 per notice, to be paid by the petitioner, which must be received at least 2 weeks before the meeting.
- The petitioner or agent are required to attend the Planning and Zoning meeting, which will are held on first Tuesday of the month. This is a public hearing. The Town Board will take action on this zoning petition the same night.
- The fee for the ZONING/CUP/VARIANCE hearing to the Town of Albion is $300.00 plus notice costs and any other fees deemed necessary. Should the Planning Commission need to hear a petition in excess of two times, the Board reserves the right to charge an additional fee. Also, should a petition become controversial and the Town needs to hire an attorney or engineer, the petitioner will be responsible for all fees.
- If the petitioner calls and cancels or tables the petition after paper notification there will be a rescheduling fee of $150.00 at the discretion of the Town Board.
- All fees are due 2 weeks prior to the Public Hearing.
- Any questions, please do not hesitate to call. The Town office is open Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Closed on Friday.
Building Inspector: Steve Kittleson (608) 445-9715