Click HERE to download the Application Fee for Zoning
1. When you request being on the agenda with the Town for a Zoning/CUP/ or Variance, you will be instructed to notify Dane County Planning and Zoning Department located at the City-County Building, 210 Martin Luther King Blvd., Madison. (Phone) 608-266-4266. We encourage you to call first to see what information that you need. You will be given a petition number and placed on their agenda.
2. Bring all paper work that you have received in Madison to the Town of Albion Office, located at 620 Albion Road. We will need to see all paperwork 3 weeks prior to the Albion Planning Commission meeting with a petition number before placing you on the Town’s agenda. This ZONING/CUP/VARIANCE change will be posted in the Edgerton Reporter one week prior to the meeting.
3. The clerk will notify all property owners/neighbors within 1000 ft. radius from the land, or 100 ft. in a residential area you are petitioning for. The clerk will send certified notices at $10.00 per notice, to be paid by the petitioner, which must be received at least 2 weeks before the meeting.
4. The petitioner or agent are required to attend the Planning and Zoning meeting, which will are held on first Tuesday of the month. This is a public hearing. The Town Board will take action on this zoning petition the same night.
5. The fee for the ZONING/CUP/VARIANCE hearing to the Town of Albion is $300.00 plus notice costs and any other fees deemed necessary. Should the Planning Commission need to hear a petition in excess of two times, the Board reserves the right to charge an additional fee. Also, should a petition become controversial and the Town needs to hire an attorney or engineer, the petitioner will be responsible for all fees.
6. If the petitioner calls and cancels or tables the petition after paper notification there will be a rescheduling fee of $150.00 at the discretion of the Town Board.
7. All fees are due 2 weeks prior to the Public Hearing.
8. Any questions, please do not hesitate to call. The Town office is open Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Closed on Friday.
Building Inspector: Steve Kittleson (608)445-9715